Ann Coulter recently appeared on the MSNBC show "The Big Idea" with host Donny Deutsch to promote her book If Democrats Had Any Brains They'd Be Republicans. During the conversation, Deutsch asked her what her perfect world would look like. Coulter replied that it would look like New York City during the Republican National Convention. She went on to say that everyone would be happy, tolerant, and Christian, because that's what it's like at the RNC. Deutsch then asked if everyone would be Christian, and she said yes. Deutsch, pressing the issue, asked Coulter if she wanted to be "like the president of Iran" and "wipe Israel off the earth?" Coulter replied, "No, we just want Jews to be perfected...That's what Christianity is." SERIOUSLY?!?!? I am fully and totally ashamed to be included in a grouping with a person who spews such hate for God's chosen people. I am a Christian and I believe all that that entails, but never, EVER would I have the audacity to tell another person that it was my job as a Christian to perfect them. Ann Coulter is possibly one of the most hateful people I have ever heard in my entire life. Deustch, who is Jewish himself, gave Coulter a chance after the commercial break to explain what she had said, and she only dug her hole even deeper. My favorite part was at the end of the interview when Deutsch said that Ann Coulter had a new book out called If Democrats Had Brains They'd Be Republicans and, "if Ann Coulter had any brains, she wouldn't say that Jews need to be perfected." Thank you, Donny. This website has the transcript from the show and the entire video interview: http://mediamatters.org/items/200710100008?f=h_top.
P.S. On October 4th, Coulter said, "If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democratic president." Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ann Coulter scares me to no end. I wonder how many people actually believe the things that she says? Not many, I hope.
Post a Comment