"We're kicking ass."
"I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject."
"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be."
"I'm the decider!"
These are only a few of the oratorical pearls provided to us by the President of the United States. This past week, however, he managed to top himself. While defending his stance on the war in Iraq, W. quipped, "I heard someone say, 'Where's Mandella?' Well, Mandella's dead because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandellas." REALLY?!?! Are you kidding me? Bush later went on to explain that he meant that Saddam Hussein killed all the people like Mandella who were living in Iraq. Poor 89 year-old Nelson Mandella didn't do anything to George Bush, and then Bush goes and kills him. It would seem that the leader of the free world would be able to form a sentence on his own without killing off one of the greatest men who has ever lived, but I guess that's just not how it goes. Maybe W. should just stick to the speeches his assisstants give him from now on. As my sister said, I just hope Nelson didn't hear him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's at this point in the series of unfortunate events that happens to be George W. Bush's presidency that you have to look at him and say, "Man, just stop digging. You're in the hole far enough."
Please understand that I do like the President. He's a decent, God-fearing gentleman. Unfortunately, he's so wrapped up in trying to raise his approval ratings by pleasing all parties on all fronts that he's moved from being the "Leader of the Free World" to the "Ring-Leader of the Bizzaro-World" circus. I just hope he shuts up and finishes doing his job to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution" before they tear his face from children's history books and render him nothing more than a marred marble effigy.
This shows that Bush has still not improved on his speaking skills since he took over the White House, like 8 years ago. As we discussed in class today, some politicians are not good at communicating intelligently and clearly. While they may be good at what they do, however I think Bush is not, they just cant speak well. The art of talking is just hard to master for some ordinary people. On the bright side, Bush’s quotes provide us with great humor.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lHSiqQpg7Uc
this is funny
Post a Comment